January 9, 2016

The Colchester Collection of Pro-White Books Weekly Update for Jan. 9, 2016

I got back to the "housekeeping" by starting the project to add links to the "Similar Titles" list for each title page and the "See Also" list on each author profile page. After a couple of days I had completed seven title pages and realized it would take about a year-and-a-half to do all 879 title and author profile pages. Here's an example of what the pages will look like with the lists: Aesthetical and Philosophical Essays by Frederick Schiller.

So I shelved it and began work on fixing the search function for the website -- which hasn't worked in a long time. After three days I finally got it to work, you can check it out on the home page. Now, I have to add that same code snippet to all 1600-1700 pages -- probably by hand. That'll probably take a day or two.

Also, on Monday and Tuesday, while working on the cross-linked lists, I started work on creating an Aryan Homeschooling Curriculum page. I've set that aside until the housekeeping bits are done.

There's a lot of work yet left to be done on the redesign project. To learn more about our plans for The Collection please see our "road map."

No comments: